Thursday, May 19, 2011

Heat vs Bulls Game 2




I didn't watch much of the Heat's victory over the Bulls last night because I was busy watching Jurassic Park on ABC Family. From the few minutes I did see of the game, Lebron and D-Wade were dominating in transition. Pretty much just running through the Bulls on one man fast breaks. I have no idea if this was an actual trend of the game, or just the two minute stretch that I saw. I don't care, because as Charles Barkley said the Heat are a bunch of whiny, arrogant, assholes who only care about themeselves. Ok maybe I am paraphrasing a little.

Let's talk about Jurassic Park. What I want to know is how the hell is this movie not on IMDB's Top 250? Jurassic Park is rated a 7.9, falling just short of making the top 250. So I suggest whoever is reading this goes on the site immediately and rate this cinematic masterpiece a 10 and get it on the list where it belongs. There is just no way a movie called Duck Soup can be on this list ahead of Jurassic Park.

I remember when this movie came out, my dad came and picked me up from school during recess to go see it. While little Matthew and Emily were busy learning simple subtraction or whatever the hell you learn in the first grade, I was being a boss watching a PG-13 movie, gettin my popcorn on in the middle of the day. What's that first grade teacher? Am I leaving early because I am sick? Fuck no, I feel fine, now get off my back and let me watch some dinosaurs.

On to the movie itself. This is a manly man's movie. I mean, did you see that blood sucking lawyer gettin eaten off the crapper? Classic. Raptors just sneaking up on people and eating their faces off. By the way, shouldn't Muldoon, the god damn Raptor expert, have known that the attack was going to come? Maybe he should have spent a little less time shopping for clothes with Steve Irwin, and a little more time studying the behavior of the deadly dinosaurs that he is in charge of.

I could go on forever talking about this movie, but I am not going to. Quick side note, did you know that the little boy Tim grew up to play the Sledge Hammer in HBO's mini series The Pacific? Crazy shit. My man survives a T-Rex attack, falling out of a tree with a car chasing him, getting electrocuted, being trapped in a kitchen with two Raptors and his dumb bitch of a sister, AND World War II. Thats a man for you right there.