Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What is Wrong with the Yankees?


This is how I feel as a Yankee fan right now. Like Pedro Martinez took me by my big, round, bald head and threw me forcefully to the ground. Now I know what Don Zimmer went through. I am shocked, disgusted, and angry with how shitty the Yankees are playing right now. At least if i was face down, ass up in the grass I wouldn't have to watch what is going on with team right now.

Losing six in a row is bad enough, but doing it the way the Yankees have makes it even worse. I could give you stats from the losing streak, but I am a very lazy man, and you don't need stats to see that this team can't hit. Curtis Granderson is the only hitter I want to see at the plate right now. The Yankees need to petition to the league to use backyard three on three baseball rules, and use "ghost runners" so Granderson can just hit over and over.

And can somebody please explain to me why Tex continues to bat 3rd in the lineup when all he does is swing at the first pitch and pop up to the infield? You have one of the best hitters in baseball in Robinson Cano batting 5th, coming up with nobody on base because Tex and A-Rod decided to have a "Who Can Have a Lower Batting Average," contest. If you want to know who is winning, look that shit up yourself. All I know is your best hitter is supposed to be hitting 3rd, and Cano is the Yankees best hitter.

People are making way too big of a deal about Jorge Posada refusing to play. Yeah it was a cop out, and you should play no matter where you are in the lineup, but the dude can't hit. He is a liability to have in the game, so if he doesn't want to play, that only makes the lineup better. So tell your way too attractive for you, obviously gold digging wife to stop tweeting that you have a bad back and sit on the bench and watch your team lose without you.

I really can't get on the pitching because it has been way better than expected. Unless you count Rafael Soriano as a pitcher.

No comments: